Dear West Valley College, Mission College and District employees:
The State Chancellor’s office is now providing unlimited access to Lynda.com for all employees of California State Community Colleges through its Professional Learning Network. Lynda.com is an online library of courses on software tools and skills. To learn more, we suggest that you watch the introductory movie about the service, and watch How to use Lynda.com.
Here are just a few of the benefits to using Lynda.com:
• Courses include a wide variety of technology and disciplines
• Up-to-date content helps to keep your skills current
• New courses are added every week
• Access to instructors’ exercise files let you follow along as you watch tutorials
• Closed captioning and searchable, timecoded transcripts for increased comprehension
• Beginner to advanced courses to learn at your level
• Watch complete courses or individual tutorials as you need them
To create a Lynda.com profile, navigate to the Learn Academy of the Professional Learning Network. Next, login or register (if you are a first-time user) then click on the link for Lynda.com.
Please note that if you have been a previous user of Lynda.com and would like to transfer your previous training history, playlists, and bookmarks, you must select “yes” when asked, “Are you a current or former member of Lynda.com?” In selecting yes, it will prompt you to type in your old username and password.
If you have any questions regarding signing up for Lynda.com through the Professional Learning Network, please contact email@example.com