Information on Registered Sex Offenders
California Penal Code Section 290.01 requires every person who was convicted of a sex offense to register with the Campus Police Department of a College or University within Five (5) days where he/she is:
- Enrolled as a Full-time student
- Enrolled as a Part-time Student
- Employed as a Full-time Staff, Faculty, or Instructor
- Employed as a Part-time Staff, Faculty, or Instructor
- Employed as a Full-time or Part-time Classified employee
- Employed as a volunteer
- A contractor who is contracted by the College or University to work on campus
- A carrier driver who delivers to that College or University more than 14 consecutive days or 30 days in a calendar year (i.e. Water delivery, Mail, VTA drivers, Outreach drivers, Armored car drivers, Telephone, Gas, and Electricity technicians, Computer technicians, Office supply drivers, and others)
This section does not relieve the person to register as a Sex Offender with the jurisdiction where he/she is residing. The registrations as a Sex Offender with a College or University Police Departments are in addition to the registration with the local police and sheriff’s departments.
Once you have read and acknowledged the disclaimer on the next page, you may search the database by a sex offender's specific name, obtain ZIP Code and city or county listings, obtain detailed personal profile information on each registrant, and use the map application to search your neighborhood or anywhere throughout the State to determine the specific location of any of those registrants on whom the law allows us to display a home address.
California Megan's Law