The West Valley-Mission CCD Police Department offers Live Scan services for District employees and members of the general public who need their fingerprints scanned whether it is for employment or for certification.
WVMCCD PD Rolling Fee $25.00
*DOJ Service Fee $25.00-$42.00
*FBI Service Fee $15.00-$17.00
*CAIC Service Fee $15.00
*Firearms Eligibility Fee $19.00-$38.00
See link for full details Live Scan Fees
Additional fees may apply for:
Where To Go:
West Valley College - District Police Department
Appointments can be made via:
The Live Scan Services Office is located at the Police Department on the West Valley College campus. The office is adjacent to the Physical Education Department/north of the Aquatic Center (pool). Parking is located off of East College Circle in front of the pool. Stalls are marked with a 30 minute Police Visitor’s sign.
Please Bring One Valid Photo Identification: (see list)
- California Driver’s License
- Department of Motor Vehicles Identification Card
- US Passport
- Military Identification
- Foreign Passport with appropriate immigration documents
- INS I-551 Resident Alien Card (cards issued since 1997)
- INS I-688 Temporary Resident Identification Card
- INS I-688B, I-766 Employment Authorization Card
Other secondary forms of identification may be acceptable with supplemental documents, please contact Live Scan Services for further information.
- Extremely long or curved fingernails may prevent the fingers from properly contacting the printing platen and may need trimming.
- We make all reasonable efforts to Live Scan bandaged or injured fingers. If we are unable to do so, you will need to reschedule your appointment until your affected area has healed.
- Do not bring children to your appointment.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment for the next available opening.
How to Complete the Process
After you have been fingerprinted, please return the yellow form to the Human Resources Office at West Valley College. Please return the yellow form either in person, via inter-office campus mail or by regular mail. It should be returned to the person (HR Specialist) who processed your employment paperwork.
In order to get Live Scan, it is necessary to have all of the following:
- Live Scan request form
- Cash or check to cover the fees (credit cards are NOT accepted)
- Valid photo identification, such as a Driver's License or Identification Card, or a passport
- Applicants completing Live Scan to meet WVM District requirements must also provide their Social Security number for successful processing.
Forms of Payments accepted: Cash, money order, cashier’s check or personal check, no bills larger than $20.
Payable to: West Valley-Mission CCD Police or WVM CCD Police
Hours of OperationPlease note that effective July 1, 2014 Live Scan Services will be completed by appointment only. No walk-ins will be accepted.
Appointments available Monday through Friday:
9:30 A.M.- 12:30 P.M. & 2:30 P.M - 4:30P.M.
CLOSED: Saturday, Sunday and Holidays
To schedule an appointment, please contact us:
Phone : 1-408-741-2685