Legislative and Policy Oversight Committee
The Legislative and Policy Oversight Committee (LPOC) shall study and report on matters relative to legislation, ballot issues and/or government regulations directly affecting the West Valley-Mission Community College District, its Colleges, or its students.
Such committee shall be composed of no more than three voting members of the Board and has no power to act on behalf of the Board. The committee members shall be appointed by the Board President and shall operate within the provisions of the Brown Act.
The LPOC may perform the following functions or other functions as deemed appropriate:
- Identify priority legislation, ballot issues, and government regulations at the local, state, and federal levels and recommend official positions to the Board.
- Advocate on matters of interest to the Board and engage in the legislative process to help guide and influence the development of legislation in a timely manner.
- Establish policy and advocacy priorities on behalf of the District, its Colleges, and students.
- Provide consistent, current and timely information to the Board on legislative matters.
- Review draft board policies and board resolutions.
The LPOC may make recommendations to the Board for consideration regarding matters within the committee's charge.
The Board may refer legislative, policy and advocacy matters to the LPOC for thorough discussions.
The Board may appoint such other representatives to groups and organizations as deemed appropriate.
The Chancellor or Chancellor’s designee shall be responsible for documenting and maintaining committee minutes.
LPOC Committee Members
- Chair, Adrienne Grey
- Member, Anne Kepner
- Member, Jack Lucas
- Cade Story-Yetto, Interim Chief of Staff, Chancellor Office
- Rebecca Alvarez, Executive Assistant to the Chancellor | Board of Trustees
Open Board of Trustees Agendas in BoardDocs
Not less than 72 hours prior to each Regular Meeting and 24 hours prior to each Special Meeting, the agenda for the meeting is posted on each campus. The agenda is also posted on Board Docs. It is important to check the
agenda for each meeting to verify the location and start-time of the meeting.
We are excited to announce that we have transitioned to Board Docs!
As of January 2022, you may find Board of Trustees documents by visiting the Board Docs website